24 December 2008

New Mascara?!

Uh oh.

Just when I'd made the decision to buy Smashbox's Bionic Mascara, I get an email from the ever-faithful Sephora email fairy about Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash.  What to do?!


I admit the main motivation for Bionic is that Dazzle Lash hasn't yet arrived the mighty Aotearoa. Lucky for me, I have contacts at MAC, so as soon as that hits our country, I'm all over it like white on rice. I went to the Albany Westfield the other day ("I can't believe how big it is! Even the
rooves are big!" I later exclaimed to Sara, bewildered.) and tried out Bionic. The main drawcard was its lash-lifting effect. Seriously, I had no idea how much Telescopic pulled my lashes down until I wore it on one eye with Bionic on the other. Impressive.

I don't even have to pay for it myself, either. Hadleigh is giving me the money for me to buy it as a Christmas present from him. This is because even after three months of living with me, Hadleigh doesn't actually know what mascara is, or what it's for.

Sweet deal, yo.

But now, along comes Buxom Lash. Did you SEE the wand on that thing?! I'm kind of taken by it. Granted, not a huge fan of Bare Escentuals - mainly because of their monopoly on the foundation market at the moment - but I'm still all woozy over it. What's a girl to do!?

Admittedly, I'm going to have to wait until I hit the States next year to buy Buxom Lash anyway, and I'm unwilling to hold off on my other mascara purchases for that reason. I think, in all honesty, I'm going to end up with three mascaras: Bionic, Dazzle Lash and Buxom Lash. And I don't mind one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment