16 December 2008

Going Through Life Like A Karate Kid

I love Britney Spears.

When I was thirteen years old, Britney shot to fame with "Hit Me Baby One More Time". It was all we heard for weeks, which was fine because I loved it. I loved Tool's Lateralus, but I also loved Britney. When I was young, I used to think she was a good role model for young girls.

Since then she's made some questionable decisions, but I've always know she was awesome. Tonight a documentary screened about her here in New Zealand. It was pretty... well, as much as I don't want to say this, moving. I just can't even begin to imagine a life like hers. It's a scary thought. The last quote on the show was definitely her most memorable:

"I just go through life like a karate kid."

Sigh.

Some surprisingly cool things happened to me today. Alex agreed to come be my model for "man makeup" tomorrow at SRA. Kirby left me a Facebook comment that made me so happy I nearly cried. Donny posted a photo of himself that I took.

It was ages ago, and I had clean forgotten about it until about ten minutes ago when I saw it. Then I started crying. He posted some other photos too. One of him on a University of Waikato billboard. I don't know about that one. Like, I know I speak highly of him, but he has done some pretty rotten stuff that I won't go into over the years. I get upset about this all the time because it appears to me that I am the only one on the receiving end of his dark side. Bar a few nasty comments about Becky, it seems like he saves the brunt of his disenchantment with the world for me. It's kind of a shame that I love him so much I can't do anything about it.




Just when I was kind of thinking I'd be crossing the road by myself, along came Kirby.

We've been mates for years. Pretty tight for the last maybe eight of those, but of course it hasn't been without its drama. Worth it though. This is far and away the coolest thing anyone has ever said to me. I can't even explain. How can I possibly sit here and complain about anything if I know someone who's willing to post that up on Facebook?

Kirby, you made my day. And not for the first time. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment