13 December 2008

Eyes - Continued from previous post...

EYES - eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner, eyebrow enhancer

Eyeshadow / Sephora's Pick: Smashbox Eye Shadow Trio in Head Shot
My Pick: Clinique Color Surge Eye Shadow Duo in Strawberry Fudge

Ew. Again, I've talked about this particular Smashbox product previously and it's not because I love it. I don't think the colours complement eachother, and I struggle to think of a skintone I could use it on. Certainly not mine. The Clinique duo is pretty, if a bit shimmery, and always gets compliments. A bonus is that you can make mistakes undetectable with blending SO easily it's criminal.

Mascara / Sephora's Pick: Dior DiorShow Mascara
My Pick: Napoleon Perdis Long Black Mascara

Sounds unbelievable, but is true: I haven't actually gotten around to testing those two new mascaras I raved about so long ago. This is because Dazzle Lash hasn't yet arrived in New Zealand and... well, I haven't been motivated enough to go to Smashbox yet. DiorShow is incredible, I will give them that. Worth every cent, but I'm afraid Long Black is my baby!

Eyeliner / Sephora's Pick: Sephora Slim Pencil
My Pick: Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner

If I'm starting to sound like a bit of a Clinique whore, it's because I am. The brand bases its marketing appeal on science, so I'm won over almost every time. Not to mention that cream liner is pretty much the greatest invention of all time. I'm a huge fan of mixing up pigments of various houses (Napoleon, MAC, Benefit) with Napoleon's cake eyeliner sealer, but with this Clinique product I don't even have to! It's a rare day when I wear eyeliner, but should the need ever arise, I'm sorted. And, Sephora pencil? Please. People only like it because it's $4.

Eyebrow Enhancer / Sephora's Pick: Anastasia All About Brows Kit
My Pick: Smashbox Brow Tech

I hear great things about the Anastasia kit - including that it contains stencils!! Personally, I'm quite happy with the shape of my brows (most days, anyway), but I bet they work wonders on the less fortunate-browed of the world. I stick with Brow Tech, applied after using a spooly brush to brush the brow hairs downwards, then set with wax once the brows have been combed back into place. Perfection without a price.

No comments:

Post a Comment