2 May 2009

What I Do With My Day..

It's 1:51pm and I'm still in bed. In my defense, it's about 1 degree outside of my bed, and it's raining - so I'm not going cycling, my hair is straight - so I'm not going swimming. For the record, I've spend the morning applying for jobs. But anyway... my "Google Chrome Most Visisted" page has changed.



Facebook? Okay, no surprises there, or with the fact that I constantly visit my own blog. Yeah, self-obsessed much? I don't care. iGoogle - mainly for my email (which is currently at point break filled with "Thank you for applying, but we have identified other applicants whose skills more closely fit the requirements..." letters. Do you guys LOVE my Gossip Girl theme? Okay, just me? Neat.
www.facebook.com / elegantmainstream.blogspot.com / www.google.com/ig

Kiwibank! Kiwibank rules. Currently I have a "Free-Up" account, which means I get NO fees! Provided of course I don't get an overdraft. Yay for Kiwibank. Not so much for my constantly dwindling account balance, but hey. It happens.
www.kiwibank.co.nz

Wikipedia, because if you know me, you know that if a word or theory comes up in conversation and I'm not sure of its meaning or origins, I jump straight on there. Same goes with terminology from
House, places that get mentioned in countries I haven't been to, and other stuff that no-one cares about.
www.wikipedia.org

Overheard in New York: funniest line today...
Girl: Would you be mad if I became a dominatrix? It's not like I'd let the guys go down on me. It's a better option than prostitution.
Guy: Or you could just *not* do sex work, since you have a PhD.
www.overheardinnewyork.com

Google Image Search? Uh, not quite sure how to explain this one, past the fact that I like looking at pictures of things like Chanel handbags, Kosuke Kitajima, Lauren Conrad, and bikes. Oh, and puppies. I like looking at puppies.
images.google.com

Sephora. Surprisingly, this is a new addition to my "Most Visited", after it took over MAC Cosmetics. I'm a little stunned that it's not right at the top, because it feels like my entire life is spent poring over what I would buy if I 1) lived in America, Canada, or one of the other countries that I DON'T live in that has Sephora (these are, for the record, China, Czech Republic, France, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Monaco, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Turkey, as well as five countries in the Middle East - Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the UAE). It's ironic, because I've visited nine of these countries as well as the US and Canada.. and 2) if I had money. Today's pick? Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle EDP, which I spritzed in my hair at the airport yesterday morning and still smell of. Mmm. Sephora stocks almost 400 women's fragrances.
www.sephora.com

And last, another surprise entry: The University of Auckland. Considering I visit both the Cornell and Stanford sites more, I'm not sure how this even makes it onto my page, but whatever. Auckland Uni rules.
www.auckland.ac.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment