2 May 2009

El Ruta Del Gila

Na, that's not actually what it's called... but the Tour of the Gila is currently being raced in New Mexico. If you knew me when I was nine, you will know that I had a brief, but all-encompassing obsession with New Mexico because I had a student teacher from Albuquerque who taught me Spanish. Anyway, there seems to be more New Zealanders than normal there, including Olympian Cath Cheatley, who placed second in the road race on day two and was third in the General Classification. Not bad...

Some other notables down in the Land of Enchantment: Levi Leipheimer, Lance Armstrong, Taylor Phinney, and Kiwi boys Sam Bewley and Jesse Sergent. Leipheimer and Armstrong are decked out in Mellow Johnny's gear... I wanna move to Texas SO bad. Anyway, here's some photos.

Kristin Armstrong winning the women's time trial, day three

I'm gonna say this is Peter Stetina, 22.
Let me know if it's not!

No comments:

Post a Comment