10 May 2009

There Will Be Blood. And Love. And FUN!

I'm not going to lie to you. I just had the best weekend of my life. Ever.

It might sound a little outlandish, but if you'd been around my incredibly talented and great 48 Hour Filmmaking team, the RADIOACTIVE REPTILES for the last, well... 50 hours, you would have had the best weekend of your life too.

Tonight, we are a bunch of zombie-like, sleep- and decent food-deprived maniacs. But we did something special this weekend, that I can't even express. We gathered in Wintec's Moving Image Studio on Friday night at 7pm to brainstorm ideas, stories, scripts... and by 2am we had a script. 7am next morning, Thom had every shot for every scene finalised. These film guys are machines!

When I signed up for Sophie's team, I imagined us running around the place like decapitated chickens with Handycams, but this was not to be. It was like a full-scale, motion picture event. Sure, it was condensed into the space of two days, and seven minutes of running time. But it was quality. There was all sorts of shots I've never heard of, proper lighting, a boom microphone. Best of all, the makeup looked beyond amazing on film. Once my teammate Luke has uploaded his pictures to Facebook, they'll be up on mim.artiste.

I wish I could put into words the genuine happiness I felt this entire weekend, but instead I guess I'll finish by saying I ADORE the following people:
Sophie
Thom
Luke
Katie
Kimmy
Brendan
Adam
Jono
Bevan
Nick
Kevin

Yay! 48 Hours rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment