23 June 2009

This Time Is The Last Time

... That I'll mention 48 Hours for a bit... at least I'll try not to.

I just wanted to mention something cute from the final: the V Energy Most Extraordinary Performance Award, which was won by Kyle Pryor's character of "Alex Puddle" from Team Fire & Ice for their film, Cuz.


If you watched 48TV the night it was on, and you have a similar sense of humour to me (read: lame), you probably would have been sold on the film from the first moment the team appeared on-screen "watch my film ow, or I'll smash you!". Guess it's the whole, growing up in the Waikato thing that made me this way.


Anyway, Kyle truly was extraordinary. How he managed to keep up that incredibly painful voice throughout the film was one thing, but he was also funny, insane, and frightening as an actor. My absolute fave (after Thom's manpon commercial, obviously...)


The film other than his performance wasn't amazing - at times questionable cinematography, shadows from microphones and camerapeople - and some other stuff that I'm not exactly qualified to comment on, but I'm just so sold on Kyle. He's what 48 Hours is all about.


If my stills are at all tantalising, y'all should head over to Youtube and watch the full film here.



ALSO: my flatmate is moving out this weekend! I can't actually remember the last time I was this excited (although at a guess it was when we made the City 48 Hours Final). I hate my flatmate like no-one I've ever met, so you can imagine I am the happiest girl alive today.

Peace and love, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment