22 June 2009

These Are Our Lives

Over the last few weeks, Lady Gaga has successfully infiltrated my brain to the extent where I now try to type in time to the beat of "LoveGame". Damn you!

Anyway - since my life recently has been consumed by training: riding bikes - indoors and out, lifting weights (light ones, I assure you), swimming, and running my butt off - I don't have much to share.

I have a race this weekend! It's Race Two of the Triathlon NZ Contact Duathlon Series, at the Viaduct in Auckland. Yay! Just a baby one - 5km run, 20km bike and 2.5km, but admittedly it's been a while since my last foray into the world of duathlon, so it could be interesting.

Nic raced yesterday at the Canada Cup in Canmore and was 16th in the elite women's field. From my understanding, the course was guaranteed to be about 400,000 times harder than any course we have here in Aotearoa - and she clocked a 1:49.48 for the 26km course, which is about 400,000 times faster than I would ever ride. So, again... Nic is my hero.

I'm writing tonight in front of the television, watching my favourite Skins scene ever - where Cassie and her philosophy teacher disco-dance during her A-Level exam for the subject. It's pretty funny - and ever so tainted with sadness as the next scene finds her stealing clothing from a store on her way home, then comes home. THEN Chris dies in her arms. It's all pretty sad stuff, really.

This may in part excuse my crappy writing. Probably not, though.

In some other unrelated news, the V 48 Hours Furious Filmmaking Grand Final was on Saturday night, and thankfully Hardwood Floors did not win. No offense meant there, because I adore Ross - but I'm not a huuuuge fan of that Chris Tan guy. Anyway, the winner was a film called Charlotte, which was the winner of the Dunedin City Final.
And we got a mention!!!
Thanks to the amazing Thom, who won the Hamilton award for "Best Use of Line", we were also nominated for the national award, so a clip of our film got shown. Famous.

Roll on next year. I'm actually stumped as to what to do until 48 Hours next May. Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment