28 June 2009

Live From Hayward Field


On Friday night, Kara Goucher won the USA Track & Field Championship for the women's 5000m in 15:20.94. Victory! Kara is my favourite American runner. I was disappointed when she didn't contest the 10,000m (which was won by Amy Begley over Shalane Flanagan... unexpected) but this more than makes up for it.

It's especially impressive when you consider that in the last year Kara has been kicking some serious marathon butt, turning in a 2:25 at last year's New York marathon, as well as a 2:32 in Boston. There's a pretty huge gap between running 5km and running a marathon, guys. I should know.

Anyway, huge congratulations going Kara's way right now. This victory has given her the opportunity to represent the USA at the World Championships in Berlin (August 15-23).

I wish I could run a 15-minute 5km. I would be pretty happy with that.


Back to Canada, and I'm happy to report that Curtis won silvers in the 100m and 200m for T54. He's had some trouble getting back into the swing of racing for a bit, and while I know he's capable of a lot quicker than what he went this weekend, I'm glad to see he's back in the game.

I think that's enough out of me for now, so over and out, bitches. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment