22 July 2009

A New Dilemma

My life is so full of drama!

Okay, I'm kidding. I don't get out enough to create any drama, so for me, the biggest problem I have is choosing which nail polish shade to buy next. Seriously! I bought some hair dye today and received a voucher which covers the cost of a new OPI shade. But which to buy!? Ah, sometimes I wish I didn't care what my nails look like.

Speaking of not caring, when I got out of my car at the mall, I was approached by a meathead trying to sell car cleaning products. My car has a resale value of about $10, and that's if I take it to Washworld before selling it. It really is just something I use to get to training. I hate cars, I hate driving, and I hate people that spend money on their cars looking fancy.
"Look at the car I just got out of." I told the guy. He had a look, then looked back at me. "Do I look like someone who is going to spend money on cleaning products for that?" He continued to look at me, somewhat dumbfounded, and it was then that I came to the conclusion that he was probably recruited from one of those facilities for frontal lobotomy patients. I walked away without another word.

You would think it would end there, but no. Once I left the mall to return to my car, I was accosted by yet another meathead. "Hi there, how are you today?" I didn't even turn around before I said, quite audibly, "Get away from me."
"Huh?" I'm serious people. These guys can't have fully functioning brains. It's just not possible.


Anyway, back to my original rant: nail colour. I'm currently perusing OPI.com and I'm baffled by the choices. Hawaiian Orchid, Kyoto Pearl, Blushingham Palace, Plugged-In Plum? Argh! I'm told that purple is "in" right now (hence my current colour: Purple With A Purpose) which narrows it down to 27 - two of which I own. Hmmm. But after purple, what's going to be the next thing? Count me out if it's anything close to orange. There should be a law against orange nails.
Thoughts, kids? According to a quiz I took on Facebook ("Which OPI Nail Colour Are You?"), I should go for Makes Men Blush. But it really just doesn't fit in with my lifestyle. Sigh... Life is tough.


I'm happy to be back into the swing of training, after my attempt at a rest day yesterday. So far today, I've done two one-hour indoor cycling classes, a two-hour swim, weights, and a 30-minute run. And that's it until tomorrow morning. I already can't wait.

Peace, love, and Hawaiian orchids.

No comments:

Post a Comment