9 July 2009

The Emperor's New Clothes

I found this tshirt today on nike.com and I now intend on a purposeful trip to Nike Victoria Park (where those two beautiful Chinese boys work) tomorrow to source it. It's required.


Don't you think it's hilarious? It's supposed to be for yoga, but I think it suits pretty much everything I do. Prancing around on treadmills, attempting to lift weights, hanging out in Newmarket... yep. It's got me written all over it.


Le Tour: who do you think is going to win? Really.
I'm still backing my man Vande Velde, who's now moved up to 12th after five stages. A more realistic threat seems to be that Lance Armstrong kid out of Plano, Texas, who's chasing his eighth Tour victory. Currently, he's within a fingernail of leader Cancellara, and whilst I want him to hang onto yellow for another few days, it doesn't seem that likely. Astana, Lance's team, fills five of the top ten GC places, whereas my team (Garmin-Slipstream) have three.
So who's it going to be? According to a RoadCycling.co.nz survey, 43% of respondents are backing Astana teammate Alberto Contador, and 33% are going with Armstrong. One person thinks Beijing Individual Pursuit (that's a whole 4km) silver medallist, Hayden Roulston is going to win. It would be pretty cool... but I somehow doubt it.

Still... let's go Vande Velde!!

No comments:

Post a Comment