28 April 2009

More Weekend Carry-on

I love Nic and Cabin's account of NZSS09 - especially this: "B1 (Cabin) had a shocker. Way back at the start (I'd blame the fact I couldn't find my bike, except that neither could Tim and he still won)."

So the ever-impressive Tim Wilding won the men's race and Annika Smail won the women's. Nic was second in the women's in her first-ever Singlespeed race (is there anything Nic CAN'T do!?), and I don't even know where Cabin finished, thanks in part to what seems like an eventful day. Either way, Wilding's probably pretty pleased after a less-than-stellar showing and a banged up shoulder at XTERRA.

This weekend, they're off to compete at Wellington's highly appropriately named
Crazyman (13km kayak, 18km run, 36km mountain bike). Yeah, *cough*. Maybe next year...

I'm taking the ever-so-slightly easier option and racing the
Auckland Cycle Challenge in Parakai, which is out past Woodhill. It's a lazy 55km (especially when you consider my road race in Nelson in October is to be 80km...) but I guess it could be considered an introduction to the winter season.

Other proposed events for the winter include
- RUN Auckland Race 3, in Pakuranga
- Mount Maunganui Joggers Half-Marathon (yeah, I'll be taking the 10km option)
- Okoroire Mid Winter "Fun" Ride
- Tough Guy & Guy Challenge (Rotorua)

Road Nationals for cycling are October 21 - 24 in Nelson where I'll contest the time trial (20km) and road race (80km). All going well, however, I might be at Triathlon Worlds in September on the Gold Coast. I'll keep y'all posted.

With that, I guess I should get out on my bike?!

Peace and love, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment