15 February 2009

Advance Australia Fair?

I guess my mother heard it through the grapevine that I intend to move to Sweden.

Today she asked me if I'd considered looking for a job in Australia.

Erm, Australia? Really?

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice place. And I'd be lying if I said I hadn't previously considered moving there. That said, Australia is SO HOT. All year round. I'm not even joking. In 2006, I went over for the weekend in July to compete in a track meet and got a tan. Now, let's just clarify - in the southern hemisphere, July is SUPPOSED to be WINTER. Apparently, in Queensland, they don't have winter. At the time it was nice, because I'd come from -1 in Christchurch to about 28 in Southport, but every day? No thank you. Part of the attraction to Sweden is its cold weather.

Another thing? Um, Australia is only three hours away. I can drive to Rotorua in that time. It's not exactly moving away. For some people, that's more of a reason to go, but not me. I don't want to be tempted to come home just because. And because it's so close, it's not really a heck of a lot different to New Zealand. Which is fine, I suppose, but at the same time, it's kind of boring! One of the main drawcards for me is that you can buy Benefit Cosmetics over there.


Eh, you can get these colours in a Revlon quad... right?


At the same time, you can buy Benefit products almost anywhere in the world outside the Land of the Long White. I'm talking Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Ireland, Poland... okay, not Sweden but you know what? I am not moving somewhere based on the fact that you can buy a makeup product there *abandons ideas of moving to Iceland for Skyn Iceland products*.


Iceland's Blue Lagoon... mmm

Suffice to say I'm not that impressed with my mother's "great idea". Australia is for pussies.

No comments:

Post a Comment