13 October 2009

Return Of The MAC

Ha ha! I hate that song.

After my wee MAC binge at Brisbane airport last month (yes, it's been a month since Worlds), I did plan on cutting back on makeup purchase and focusing on saving some coin so I can move to Japan sooner rather than later.

Well, that all went out the window on Sunday.

I'm sick at the moment - I want to say sicker than I've ever been. Getting out of bed is a stretch, because every single joint screams at me, along with my stomach, heart, lungs, as well as my brain - which currently feels like a pressure cooker. So it's a wonder I even got to the MAC store in the first place, but once I did, I felt momentarily better.

Do you remember Dazzle Lash? Yes, it first appeared on my blog almost a year ago, but that's how long it's taken for it to firstly reach our fair shores and secondly for my bank balance to allow my purchasing it. And now, I'm happy to announce that I am the proud owner of MAC Dazzle Lash mascara. Excited much? I am. I may have also bought some long-desired Lipglass - in Russian Red. Know what I like about it? It's glossy, but with a tonne of pigment, so it's not some half-assed whore-ish red tint. It is RED. Teamed up with Ruby Woo, it's going to be the biggest statement my lips have ever made.




For a while I've had Violet Trance, a true purple eyeshadow, in my sights. Every time I visit a MAC store, I pick it up. I play with it. I apply some, check it in the mirror, and I like what I see. Then I think, mmm, probably I don't really need this. And I put it back. On Sunday I did all of the above, but then I picked it back up, and paid for it. So expect photographic evidence of my latest fave - violet smoky eyes.

And that was my wee spend-up. And, I know I've said this before, but I'm actually going to start saving now.

Starting next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment