14 August 2009

Rest Day #5

Wow, it's been a while since I wrote anything, and that's because to the ordinary mortal, the highs and lows of training are... pretty fucking boring. Even I get bored some days.
Here's a photo of gymnastics babe Hiroyuki Tomita to brighten up your day.


Here's some goings-on from the last week, in bullet-point form. I wouldn't want you guys getting bored!
- I woke up with a sore throat on Sunday, and bought some Vitamin C + Echinacea tablets. Since then, I've eaten nineteen of them. Slightly excessive? The recommended dosage is one each day. Oops.
- My mum accidentally hit me in the face while I had a drink bottle in my mouth. It resulted in a few tears, a cut lip, and a bruise. Niiiice.
- I had a sick day on Monday! No gym, no biking, no running. It was a strange day. I slept through it.
- We finally got the Britney Spears episode of How I Met Your Mother (best. show. ever) on Tuesday night. That girl is amazing.
- I wore my new makeup out on Wednesday night for Harjeet's birthday dinner. Food = slightly disappointing. Company = fantastic. I love you guys.
- On Thursday morning I woke up wondering if Niharika spiked the birthday cake with brandy. I felt like I had a HANGOVER! Weird.
- Emma's back in Liverpool after an adventure in Rhode Island and ALASKA! Yes kids, she went to Alaska. Jealous!!!
- I've taken some steps to future-proof my life. What these steps are exactly remain under wraps, because once you tell someone, your life inevitably falls to pieces.
- It's now LESS THAN A MONTH until ITU World Championships. Frightened? Yeah, a little. But I think I got this, guys.


So that's my week in a nutshell. More exciting things to come! Thom has asked me to do makeup on his next film, a slasher movie! Sweet. My favourite kid of all time ever, Luke (also known by a slew of names including Luke-a-thon, Luky Yuki, Lucazade... need I continue?) is featuring in it too, so it's going to be something of a Radioactive Reptiles reunion! I'm also doing my first paid gig, for the Waikato Law Ball next Friday. Yeehaw!


Unfortunately I heard this morning that Les Paul died. I mean, he had a pretty good run - he was 94, so what a legend based on that alone. As someone wrote on Twitter this morning, he was the original guitar hero. What a guy.


I've put my Facebook page into Japanese. It's pretty sweet.

Miriamさんは日本語でFacebookを使っています。


Peace, love, and slasher movies, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment