6 August 2009

Adventures At MAC

... So I went a little crazy at MAC today.

I rolled up with the intention of buying Pro Longwear Lipcolour, and Mineralize SkinFinish Trio (though I was unsure of the New Zealand availability of the latter). I left with those, along with a new Technakohl Liner AND Eyeshadow. Oops. It may have set me back $188. Still, I'm happy with my purchases. It could have been worse. I was eyeing up a number of additional eyeshadow colours, new foundation (which I SO don't need), and SkinFinish Duo. I think I did well, considering.

Electric Eel, my new eyeshadow, is described online as "Bright blue with shimmer", relatively tame for maccosmetics.com, as I alluded to yesterday. The Technakohl Liner I bought is Smoothblue, an "Ocean blue with frost". The idea is to use the liner on the bottom lashline and apply the shadow, with an angle brush, over top. It's a cute trick I learnt from a friend at MAC, and one I somehow pull off nicely with Violet Pigment and Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Bordeauxline. If you're tempted to try this look, go for a nude eyelid, with black mascara on your top lashes. It's supercute. Bear in mind that MAC produces 159 shades of eyeshadow alone, so you're by no means restricted to blue or purple (though these colours will probably look a treat no matter what colour your eyes).


I'm particularly excited about testing out my new lipcolour - although the question is when. Since lipcolour is rarely at the top of my list of priorities when I'm training (though you may be surprised to learn I regularly indulge in a tinted moisturiser with a bit of Nars' Orgasm blush - or you may not, depending on how well you know me), I'm beginning to wonder if the first opportunity I'll have to show it off is next Thursday, when I have my first foray into Hamilton's nightlife since Becky's birthday party in January. This, by the way, is not by choice - Josh and Matt have made the final of the Outback's Man of the Year competition. I shudder to think what they were ever doing in the Outback to enter, but anyway, I'm going to be all Clingpeach'd out. Yes.


Did I get anything else remotely constructive done today? No, not really. Meh...

No comments:

Post a Comment