22 August 2009

El Spanish-o

I came across OPI's latest offering this morning: Colleccion de Espana.


I must say, I rather like it. In fact, I bought "Ate Berries In The Canaries", despite it being little more than half a shade more purple than my current fave, "I'm Indi-a Mood For Love" (no prizes for guessing what collection that came from). I'm also more than a little bit keen for "Suzi Skis In The Pyrenees", an unusual grey-navy.

This weekend, my nails are getting a much-needed break from polish. I literally can't remember the last time I went without, though I'm guessing it was before November, because I made a point of sporting a new shade each week while I was at SRA, and since then I haven't gone without. There's always someone you have to impress, whether it's at the gym or at the sushi bar (the only two public places I go).


Another exciting development: you can take bottles of shampoo bought at the supermarket into Rodney Wayne and receive a $10 discount on Redken shampoos. Yes please. Considering my current choice of conditioner (Sunsilk Moisture Therapy) leaves my hair smelling like an old cat, I'm all over that.


Yesterday's job was a success! There was a slight hitch with some dropdown which in turn caused Jess' cheeks to go grey and they required complete re-making up, but apart from that it was smooth sailing with some very glamorous results! Once the hangovers have worn off, the girls have told me they'll upload photos to Facebook, from where I can steal them and post them on mim.artiste. Yay! I would have done it for free, but getting paid was a welcome bonus. To that end I'm going on "holiday" tomorrow, to Taupo... with my bike. It's now just three weeks until Worlds, and I feel like a wee retreat to one of my favourite training posts is needed.

Lucky for some: longtime friend and sometimes dick, Terenzo, is in the Philippines for Ironman 70.3 Philippines tomorrow. He often flits around the world for various competitions, and usually does quite well: so far this year he's won a couple of the Ironman 70.3 series. After placing second in his maiden Ironman New Zealand earlier this year, he's also off to Kona in October for the World Championships, and later in the year the series final of 70.3 in Clearwater, Florida, where he's previously won and broken the course record.


So that's what's going on... I fell asleep partway through this post, so I'm feeling quite glad I didn't choose to hit Taupo today instead. More later, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment