28 November 2009

HMUFC09

On December 8th last year, I wrote a post called "Hook Me Up For Christmas". It's weird that it was almost a year ago, because without sounding like every other person in the world that whinges about how time flies, it really seems like only weeks ago that I had Christmas morning breakfast with Superhuman Sam at our Bayswater flat. What's gone down since then?

Well, first things first: I lost the job I then had at Esquires at Auckland's ferry terminal.
Sam moved out, and was replaced with that horrible, horrible kid who we later drove away. I still shudder at the thought of him.
Nayuha moved back to Japan (read all about it here, and here) in February.
Sophie's 21st!! SO good.
I "graduated" from the Samala Robinson Academy for Fashion Makeup in April.
48 Hours Furious Filmmaking - I met some of my favourite people ever, and was nominated for the "Best Makeup" award.
In June, I was selected for ITU World Championships, and won them on September 12th.
Since September, it's been a rough ride, with Ben passing away, and his funeral.
This, and a few other accompanying events led me to my decision to head back to the University of Otago in January...

and here we are (well, almost. But you can see how I got from there to here, right?)

And now it's nearly goddamn Christmas all over again.

So, without further ado...

Hook Me Up For Christmas: 2009 Edition

RACING?
No, thank you. I'm done with that game now. A silicone swimming cap wouldn't go amiss, though. I still enjoy the odd, five-times-a-week frollick in the pool, and you just know my latex cap is going to rip my already incredibly damaged hair right out.

BEAUTY
Ah-ha! Well, I'll work in order of application...
Lush Snow Fairy Shower Gel. This is a big fave, but one that gets forgotten after every New Year because once it disappears from the shelves, something else exciting replaces it and I forget allll about it until the following silly season.
philosophy Amazing Grace. The shower gel, the perfumed hot salt scrub, the eau de parfum, the candle. I want the lot. And I want a never-ending supply, hear me?! Never-ending!!
Kerastase Forcintense. Obsessed! My hairdresser fairly demanded that I buy this due to the unnatural shade of blonde hair I currently sport. Trouble is, at $60 for a three-treatment pack... yeah, I need someone else to buy it for me.
Kate Somerville ExfoliKate. And whatever else she makes.
Dior SkinFlash Primer: already been talked about. Want want want!
DiorSkin Sculpt Makeup. OR Make Up For Ever HD Foundation. Shaniya raves about it, and if there's anyone I listen to about makeup, it's her.
Chanel Luminous Matte Powder Makeup. Thanks to Gracie I still have a steady supply of samples of this.
Make Up For Ever Eyeshadow in Turquoise Matte 72, Neon Pink 75, Iridescent Pearl Grey 170, and Iridescent Acid Green 171. Lipstick in Hollywood Red 206 and Pearly Fluorescent Red 416.

BOOKS
Tonto And The Lone Ranger Fistfight In Heaven - Sherman Alexie. It was on my list last year, and here it is again. Maybe I should just go buy it.
The Corrections - Jonathon Franzen, China Men - Maxine Hong Kingston, Less Than Zero - Bret Easton Ellis, Ragtime - EL Doctorow, Play It As It Lays - Joan Didion... okay so basically the reading list for my January Summer paper.
The Asia Book - A Lonely Planet publication. I already have The Africa Book, but I feel the Asian edition is a little more in line with my plans for the next few years.

OTHER STUFF
A holiday job at Sephora / American Apparel / Threadless for NEXT year. If I can secure one of those, I'm happy to pay my airfare over there.
An airfare to Japan, for when I finish my degree.
This dress, and these heels (below), which I absolutely cannot walk in. Yet.



Oh, and if anyone can sort me out with some mistletoe, under which I can pash Donny, let me know.

Haha.

Peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment