19 November 2009

It's My Dad's Birthday Today

And I only know that because the date appeared at the top of my last post. Oops.

Hmm, happy birthday Dad. I wonder if anyone else in my family remembered... Probably not.

You have to excuse my uninvolved writing style - I have been reading far too much Post-Modernist fiction. Seriously, in the last two weeks I've read the following books.

- Less Than Zero (Bret Easton Ellis)
- Play It As It Lays (Joan Didion)
- The Corrections (Jonathon Franzen)
- White Noise (Don DeLillo) I've read this twice before already, and have to read it twice next year too

and yesterday I started Ragtime by E L Doctorow. Reading list for AMST322 much? *yawn*


After deciding that NYU is where I want to write an MFA, I last night read that NYU is ranked #5 on the Princeton Review's Unhappiest Students list. Good? This is, for the record, the same ranking system which has Stanford placed at #4 in Happiest Students. Missing something? I don't know. I kind of want to be happy when I'm at grad school.

I'm really bored. There is no drama in Christchurch to throw myself into, which is probably a good thing, but you know. I miss it all the same.

That said, it's not like there's much to go back to Hamilton for - Sophie and Thom both have Auckland jobs now. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment